A new stable build 0.41.01 is up!
The new 0.41.01 update has been up on the stable branch for a few days now. It transitions our latest work on the experimental branch to the stable branch. If you haven’t been following the progress of our experimental branch, we’ve recently added a new Fishing Rod and Bobber, a completely new Fish System, Official Controller Support, the ability to craft new Medicinal Buffs, new Farmable Plants, a revamped Life Raft, new Sailing mechanics, new Diarrhoeaeffect and more!
We’ve covered the new features in the patch notes below and you can also read more on the new features in our previous experimental patch notes here —
0.40 EXP. UPDATE! NEW FISHING ROD, LIFE RAFT
0.39 EXP. UPDATE! OFFICIAL CONTROLLER SUPPORT, CRAFTABLE MEDICINAL BUFFS
A short recap —
Dual-analogue style controllers are now officially supported in this update. You can view the controller mapping in the Input settings menu.
This update features the new Fishing Rod and Fish System! You can now craft a Fishing Rod and use it to catch fish! Fishing is a completely new game mechanic where you cast your line towards a group of fish, wait for a bite and then begin the struggle to reel it in! The Fishing Rod requires the new Bobber item to be used, similar to the how the Bow uses Arrows.
Sails have been split into separate Sail and Rudder components. A Sail adds forward propulsion, while a Rudder controls the direction. A raft will now begin moving whenever a sail is raised.
Eating too much of the same food within a small window can now cause Diarrhoea. Eating and drinking Coconuts and eating Potatoes are the only foods that cause Diarrhoea for now.
You will need to discover how much you can eat over a period of time. Once enough time has passed since you last ate that kind of food, you can go back to eating it again.
Drinkable Coconuts have been replaced with a new Coconut Flask. These flasks can be used as an ingredient together with native plants to craft Medicinal Buffs.
The player now sits more forward on the Raft and controls it as you would in real life. Your forward controls move the raft forward as usual, however to change direction you need to rotate your raft by paddling left and right.
Sun exposure is kept track of in-game, which is shown visually as sunburn on your arm. If you are exposed for longer than the time it takes to burn you’ll get Sunstroke. When you’ve contracted Sunstroke you need to find shade to reduce your sun exposure. You can keep track of your sun exposure by checking for visual signs of sunburn on your arm. Aloe plants can be used to immediately reduce your sun exposure. This can be a simple way to prevent Sunstroke if you pay attention to the sunburn arm effect and re-apply every so often so it doesn’t escalate into Sunstroke. The other option is to be pro-active and craft Aloe Salves which will completely prevent any sun exposure and Sunstroke for 12 hours. Sleeping in a Shelter is a quick way to remove Sunstroke if you’re unable to craft a salve.
Have fun 🙂
:: Beam Team
0.40.01-0.41.00 EXP. LOG
– Fixed new Fish generating waypoints in unrealistic positions (under terrain, inside objects, etc) and the resulting glitches from attempting to move to that position.
– Changed Fish bounds weight to apply exponentially to allow a bigger range of movement inside area bounds.
– Fixed FPS Counter displaying in top corner of standalone builds.
– Fixed unsupported multiple Sails causing weird physics bugs until new sailing mechanic completed.
– Fixed Gyrocopter not ejecting player when underwater.
– Fixed not being able to interact with Doors.
– Added auto-centering for Raft Rudders.
0.38.00-0.41.00 STABLE LOG
– Fixed Mission Maps not being added to a new world when selecting New Game->Random.
– Fixed Driftwood Half Wall crafting ingredients.
– Fixed Snake AI behaviour errors when close to a player.
– Fixed Snake rattle audio spamming.
– Fixed Watch not refreshing player effects list.
– Fixed Fire Torch burning underwater.
– Fixed Player Speech playing when underwater.
– Fixed Palm Tree not cutting when climb UI is displayed.
– Fixed Palm Tree stumps stopping placing building constructions.
– Fixed [b[Small Plants[/b] stopping placing building constructions.
– Fixed Skinnables not casting shadows.
– Fixed Labelmaker input field being limited to 8 characters.
– Fixed Labelmaker not refreshing Hud UI immediately after renaming.
– Fixed Player being able to continue eating when about to Vomit or Poop.
– Fixed scenario where Vomiting would stack, breaking movement controls.
– Fixed Item Info UI appearing incorrectly after saving options.
– Fixed Tooltips being left behind onscreen when Crafting menu closed.
– Fixed Containers staying ‘open’ if opened and then switched to Inventory storage.
– Fixed Inventory opening after closing Storage when ‘Toggle Radial Menus’ setting is enabled.
– Fixed Underwater Audio continuing after death.
– Fixed Boat Motor not moving backward.
– Fixed Player not crouching when using Boat Motor.
– Fixed Gyrocopter compass showing wrong heading.
– Fixed Gyrocopter not turning off.
– Fixed Camera snapping when interacting with vehicles.
– Fixed medical Breath Boost unable to be consumed.
– Added new Input Remapping UI.
– Added new Consumables crafting category.
– Added unique Action Descriptions when interacting with items, i.e. Hold to Refill, Open, Operate, Attach, etc.
– Added Switch Item key.
– Added Sprint Toggle functionality and input option setting.
– Added Crafting Subcategory Icons.
– Added Radial UI display for incomplete constructables.
– Added Watch Effect indicators for positive and negative effects.
– Added Sunblock Arm Effect.
– Added support for multiple players to control and ride on Vehicles.
– Changed Coconut to give you Diarrhoea when too many are consumed.
– Changed Coconut Food to give you Diarrhoea when too many are consumed.
– Changed Potato to give you Diarrhoea unless cooked.
– Changed Potato to be farmable.
– Changed Potato calories from 100 to 200.
– Changed Palm Top to give you 5 Palm Fronds instead of 4.
– Changed Sailing mechanic to require a Sail and Rudder.
– Changed Spear Animations.
– Changed Climb UI to display the actual key binding instead of ‘Jump.’
– Changed Stick Farming Plot model.
– Changed Sunblock duration to 12 hours.
– Changed Sunburn duration to 7 hours.
– Changed Sunburn Calorie and Hydration deduction from 350 to 200 per game hour.
– Changed Hunger depletion time from 3 to 2 game days.
– Changed Health Regeneration effect time to regenerate full health from 29 game hours to 7.
– Changed Health Regeneration effect to activate only when Hunger and Thirst are above 6 bars and no negative effects.
– Changed calorie and thirst reduction while Sleeping to be based on semi-realistic ratios.
– Changed Snake to now Poison player.
– Changed Boar spawn chance from 10 to 20%.
– Changed Logs Health from 150 to 100 units.
– Changed Stone Tool crafting combination to only require 1x Rock.
– Changed Stone Tool from ‘Invincible’ to have Durability.
– Changed Stone Tool damage from 3 to 5 units.
– Changed Fire Torch fuel from 6 hours to 12.
– Changed Bed model to be on a wooden frame when placed.
– Changed Smoker to be interactable like the Fire Spit and Hooks. You can now attach 5 items.
– Changed Smoker to cook smokables while smoking.
– Updated Smoker model.
– Updated Potato item model.
– Updated Steel Raft Floor deprecated model to new Clay building tier.
– Improved object layout when splitting Splittable objects.
– Improved Watch positioning in relation to the camera which adjusts with field of view.
– Adjusted Boat Motor and Gyrocopter engine volume.
– Renamed Coconut Half to ‘Coconut Food’.
– Renamed Coconut to ‘Coconut Drink’.
– Restored Paddle as a physical item.
– Added official Controller Support!
Please note that the Cartographer has limited functionality with a controller and the Map Editor is not supported.
– Added new Input System.
There have been some big changes to the input system which is now much more efficient than the old system. It’s fairly boring to talk about but a big deal; supporting multiple controllers is another step towards supporting multiple players in the scene. The changes to the input system potentially affects a lot of other systems so we appreciate your bug reports as always.
– Added new Fishing Rod and Fishing Rod Bobber craftable items!
– Added new Fishing Mechanic!
– Added new Fish system!
Better quality, more efficient fish animation.
– Added new Diarrhoea status effect!
– Added new Life Raft model.
– Added new Sea Anchor to Life Raft!
Damps ocean movement. Will come into full effect with the addition of ocean currents.
– Added new Storage to the Life Raft!
– Added new attachment to the Life Raft to stow a Paddle.
– Added more realistic Raft Paddling.
The player now sits more forward on the Raft and controls it as you would in real life. You also require a paddle to be able to move the raft. Your forward controls move the raft forward as usual, however to change direction you need to rotate your raft by paddling left and right.
– Added new Raft Rudder craftable item!
– Added new Sail model.
– Added new Food Ration Tin food item.
– Added Coconut Flask water bottle!
– Added Antidote consumable. Stops Poison.
– Added Gauze consumable. Stop Bleeding.
– Added Aloevera consumable. Stops Sunstroke.
– Added Breath Booster consumable. Boosts underwater Breath by 50% for 3 hours.
– Added Shark Repellent consumable. Repels Sharks for 12 hours.
– Added Ajuga farming plant!
– Added Pipi farming plant!
– Added Wavulavula farming plant!
– Added new Coconut model.
– Added new Coconut Brown model.
– Added new Coconut Half model.
– Added Coconuts to Map Editor.
– Added Coconut Flasks to Map Editor.
– Added Aloevera plant to Map Editor.
– Added Pipi plant to Map Editor.
– Added Wavulavula plant to Map Editor.
– Added much better quality Dither fading.
– Optimised Splittable objects.
– Optimised input and physics for Vehicles that aren’t being operated.
– Optimised Intro Private Jet scene resources and asset loading.
– Updated Intro Private Jet interior models and textures.