This build features the new Roof Building System! The new Roof system is the final piece to constructing an authentic looking island hut! There’s two new types of roofing – Wood/Thatched and Clay/Brick. There’s 4 different roof pieces available so you can fill in most designs. We’ll get a guide up soon showing some examples of the different possibilities. Don’t forget that you can rotate building pieces with the Q and E keys when placing. It will be important to remember to use these keys so you can place roof pieces in the correct orientation with all the different placement possibilities. These keys can also be reassigned in the input settings.
We’ve removed the Structural Support mechanics in this build. From a developer perspective it is rewarding and cool for us to create a realistic structural support system but overall it has seemed rather unnecessary in the game. Contrary to popular belief, Stranded Deep is not intended to be a building simulator. We’ve found that players who don’t want to create unrealistic floating structures generally don’t. Those that want to build floating houses are doing no harm either. The final nail in the coffin was that the structural support system confuses and frustrates a lot of players. We get regular emails about failed placements with us pointing them to the guide. So starting from this build we’ve removed all structural support. The only minor structural support that remains is that doors on archways need to be removed before destroying the archway.
The next build will feature a new tool and a new way to gather some resources!
:: Beam Team
– Fixed occupied or invalid building connectors blocking valid connectors behind when placing.
– Removed Structural Support.
– Changed Steps placement to use rotating keys.
– Moved Wedge Foundations and Wedge Floors into Foundations and Floors crafting categories.
– New Roof building system!
– New Wood Roof Middle building piece!
– New Wood Roof Corner building piece!
– New Wood Roof Wedge Corner building piece!
– New Wood Roof Cap building piece!
– New Clay Roof Middle building piece!
– New Clay Roof Corner building piece!
– New Clay Roof Wedge Corner building piece!
– New Clay Roof Cap building piece!