We’re really excited to be able to release a new update. It’s no secret that it’s been a while since our last update; the last few months have been pretty hard for us as we dealt with the paperwork and fallout of Telltale going bankrupt, leaving our console port in limbo. It’s all pretty much behind us now and things are looking up. We’re working on co-publishing the game ourselves and will have more news and a release date soon; Thanks again to everyone who continues to contribute and support our small studio and Stranded Deep.
In the meantime, we’ve been working away behind the scenes on a new update and here it is! There’s heaps of new stuff in this update and more to come so check it out! We’ve released this update on the experimental branch for now, but we’ll be following any bug reports closely as we’d like to get this on the stable branch asap!
:: Beam Team
– Fixed being able to drag objects attached to Spear.
– Fixed Projectile colliders having no effect when stuck in a moving object (spear in coconuts, etc).
– Fixed important bug where Projectiles could go missing when re-parenting.
– Fixed possible scenario of not picking up all Crafting Materials.
– Fixed Audio Sources playing the wrong sound on objects.
– Fixed Audio Effects being cut off prematurely.
– Fixed pause menu audio plying over Soundtracks.
– Fixed Map Editor Yuccas showing invisible.
– Fixed Map Editor Bush placement being different to loaded positions.
– Fixed Raft Sea Anchor LOD’s.
– Fixed Loading Screen tip spelling mistake.
– Changed default Controller Layout. ‘Show Watch’ is now Y/Triangle. ‘Inventory’ and ‘Crafting’ Menu are bound to L and R bumpers.
– Removed Spear interacting. Can now pick objects off Spear.
– Nerfed UV/Sun Exposure. Overly complicated and hard to understand.
– Changed watch UV indicator to show if you are protected from sun or not. Underwater or in shade will show “None”.
– Improved Watch feedback. Low/critical vitals will now flash.
– Improved Watch feedback. Removed rounded values on vital bars. Easier to monitor which vitals are depleting.
– Added SPF (Sun Protection Factor) vital to watch.
– Removed Sleep vital from watch. Had no effect in-game. You can still sleep through the night.
– Removed clock screen from Watch. Waste of screen space. The clock, date and UV now appear as a top bar that is always visible on any screen.
– Increased Watch size on screen.
– Changed Private Jet Intro.
– Added distant billboards for Missions.
– Added new Intro Screen!
– Added new Female Character!
Select from the new character gender option when creating a new game to play as either a male or female character. Co-operative gameplay will assign both genders but these can be alternated from the gender option. Changes are purely cosmetic.
– Added Female Voice-over audio clips.
– Added Clean Character Clothing models for the intro Private Jet scene.
– Added Game Difficulty settings!
Select three types of game difficulties from the new Difficulty option when creating a new game. Please note these settings cannot be changed once the world has been created.
- Normal Difficulty
Play Stranded Deep the way it was meant to be played whether you are new or experienced.
- Hard Difficulty
Play Stranded Deep with more of a challenge. Vitals deplete faster, side effects are more dangerous, resources are harder to harvest, and creatures do more damage.
- Creative Difficulty
Play Stranded Deep without worrying about your vitals or taking any damage. You will still need to harvest and scavenge resources but without the constant threat of dying. You are invincible! Also you wear a nice hat so everyone knows you like it easy.
– Added Animal Difficulty settings!
Select three types of animal difficulties from the new ‘Animal Difficulty’ option when creating a new game. This option is separate to the games difficulty setting for those who like to customise their experience. Please note these settings cannot be changed once the world has been created.
- Normal Animals
Animals behave naturally set to the standard difficulty.
- Passive Animals
Sharks and Snakes will not attack. Bosses will still attack.
- Removed Animals
Sharks are removed from the generation and will not spawn. Bosses will still be generated.
– Added new Player Stamina!
Stamina is displayed by a yellow bar at the bottom of the screen when sprinting or sprint swimming. Once stamina is drained the bar will turn red and a cool down penalty will be applied until Stamina is fully replenished. Sprinting and sprint swimming require and consume stamina. Stamina can be increased by training the ‘Physical’ skill (see below).
– Added new Player Skills!
Skills make surviving easier and unlock different content. Skills can be viewed from the new Player Skills watch screen.
- Hunting Skill
Hunting skill level effects the amount of damage melee and ranged weapons do to creatures in the world. Hunting experience can be gained by killing creatures. The more dangerous the creature, the more experience.
- Cooking Skill
Cooking levels effect the amount of calories foods give. A higher cooking level will give more nutrients. Cooking experience is gained by cooking foods.
- Harvesting Skill
Harvesting levels effect the amount of damage done to resources when using tools. A higher harvesting level will gather resources quicker. Harvesting experience can be gained from harvesting resources such as trees, rocks, clays, scrap, and wood.
- Physical Skill
Physical levels effect your stamina and oxygen. Higher physical levels increase how long you can sprint and hold your breath underwater. Physical experience can be gained by swimming and building structures with a hammer.
- Crafting Skill
Crafting experience is gained by crafting items, and building structures. The more advanced the object or structure you craft, the more experience is gained. Certain crafting combinations are now locked until the crafting level requirement is met.
– Added Sprint Swimming for faster underwater movement.
– Added new Toolbelt craftable items and Hotkey bar!
Each tool-belt level unlocks more hotkey slots and the next level tool-belt. Keyboard uses 0-9, controller uses D-Pad for first 4 slots.
– Added new Container Shelf Stacker craftable item.
This can be placed on rafts, structures, or terrain. Each shelf allows for 3 storage containers to be stored securely.
– Added Spyglass loot item for getting a better look at far objects.
– Added new Goblin Shark!
– Added new Whale Shark!
– Added new Hammerhead Shark!
– Added new Giant Grouper fish!
– Added new Turtle!
– Added new Yacht Shipwreck!
– Added new Polynesian Shipwreck!
– Added new Plane Shipwreck!
– Added new Tanker Shipwreck!
– Added new Survivor Shelters from past survivors.
– Restored Wollie Easter egg.
– Restored Divers Slate Easter egg.
– Restored Parcel Easter egg.
– Added new Raft Controls.
– Added new Raft Animations.
– Upgraded to Unity 2017.4.30f1.
– Upgraded to Steam SDK 1.46.