We’re super excited to release a split-screen cooperative game mode for Stranded Deep. In the last decade or so, games featuring split-screen coop have been slowly dying out giving way to online coop. While both are great, While testing, we found SD was a great fit for couch coop. A lot of fun, natural gameplay evolved.
There is one thing to note about system specs: memory and processor requirements are increased due to two players being able to visit seperate areas at once. We don’t have official specs yet, but keep this in mind if you’re on the lower end of the specs.
:: Beam Team
– Fixed possibility of new Billboards not finding parent (smudges).
– Fixed no shadow on Banana Plant LOD2.
– Fixed blue Ocean at night.
– Fixed Paddle low render distances.
– Fixed Sail causing extreme lag when interacting with.
– Changed main menu logo to proper image.
– Changed Life Raft Container to start with a bandage instead of duct tape.
– Changed Shark Music to begin playing once a player is attacked.
– Added new Player Ragdoll for when players are knocked out or die.
Co-operative players can revive their partner by using a bandage on them before they bleed out.
Player ragdolls behave the same as animal ragdolls and can be dragged.
– Added new Raft Passenger Seat.
– Added new loading ticker animation.
– Upgraded to Unity 2017.4.13f1